Adds a new field to the post edit screen for all public post types so you can select a “Staff Member” (a post from the staff custom post type) as the “author” of the article to be displayed on the front-end. This will not actually change the author of the post itself but simply change the name displayed on the front-end in the author bio and post meta sections.
Note: This plugin is intended to be used with the Total Theme for WordPress and the Total Theme Core plugin which registers the Staff post type. If you are using it with a different theme that has a built-in staff post type or a different theme using a custom post types plugin to register the staff members, it may or may not work depending how the theme is coded. This plugin hooks into the author_link, the_author and get_the_author_description to make it’s changes.
- Upload ‘assign-staff-as-author-for-total’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You can now assign any post to a Staff Member so that they will appear as the author on the front-end
यस प्लगिनको लागि कुनै समीक्षाहरू छैनन्।
योगदानकर्ता र डेभलपरहरू
“Assign Staff as Author for Total” खुला स्रोत सफ्टवेयर हो। निम्न व्यक्तिहरूले यो प्लगिनमा योगदान गरेका छन्।योगदानकर्ताहरू
विकासमा रुचि छ?
- Updated plugin to hook into pre_get_avatar which attempts to display the staff member featured image instead of the author avatar so it can display the correct avatar in theme card styles.
- Fixed display issues in Gutenberg editor.
- Updated the save mechanism.
- First official release