This is a very simple plugin that allows you to bulk change author for media files.
The action is added in the “List” view of the Media Library.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/bulk-change-media-authordirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
There’s only 20 media items per page in the “List” view, but I want to change more at a time!
Open “Screen Options” at the top-right in the Media Library and change the value of “Number of items per page” in the “Pagination” section.
If you apply “Change Author” in the Media Library without selecting any media, it will prompt you to filter media by user. After that, you will be able to change the author for all media uploaded by that user.
Contributors & Developers
“Bulk Change Media Author” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix: Pagination limit when filtering media by author.
- Fix: PHP type error when filtering media by author.
- New: Filter and bulk change media author by its current author.
- Other: Tested with WordPress 6.3.
- Other: Tested with WordPress 4.9.
- Translations: Added Spanish (thanks Kcho).
- New: Added translation support.
- Other: Tested with WordPress 4.8.
- Translations: Added German (thanks Mike).
- Translations: Added translation support to “Change” and “Cancel” buttons (thanks Mike).
- First public release.