Easy Media Replace allows you to replace images and media files easily while retaining the attachment URL and ID. No more delete, re-upload, and search-replace.
- Easy to use.
- Drag and drop file uploading.
- Replace images, PDF, videos, audios, and all media files.
- Regerenate thumbnails (no plugin required).
- Don’t leave your page: Upload and replace files directly within current page.
Once you activated the plugin, you will see a “Replace” button/link in Media Library page and dialog (see screenshots below).
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘Easy Media Replace’.
- Install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Upload the easy-media-replace folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the Easy Media Replace plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Can I replace images with different extensions
Currently, the plugin only replaces images with same extension.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Media Replace” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Easy Media Replace” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Easy Media Replace” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Staibility improvement
- WordPress 5.3 compatibility
- Fixed replace dialog not showing in Media Library grid view.
- Increased upload timeout for large files and slow internet connexion.
- Fixed a minor bug.
- Public Release.