Talkie is a free, simple text-to-speech plugin for your website. Visitors to your website can play, pause, and resume the text on your page in multiple languages.
With a shortcode, you can place the button on your own page or blog posts. You can design the speech button with your own chosen color and language via the settings page.
Available languages include:
- And more…
The WordPress plugin is part of Talkie’s services. Talkie has been a free text-to-speech app since 2016 and is available for download on the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Download & activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- After installing the plugin on your WordPress website, you can easily use the ID or Class parameters in the shortcode to specify which parts of your website the user can listen to. For example [talkie id=”blog”] or [talkie class=”content”]
- You can customize the speech button with your preferred color and language through the settings page. Additionally, you can modify the .btn-talkie class to change the button’s color or style.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Talkie Text To Speech” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Removed the parameters ‘lang’, ‘content’, and ‘btn’ from the shortcode.
- Added a setting page where you can select your own button style and language.
- Added pause / resume functionality to the button.
- Released the first version of the Talkie plugin in 2020.